Monday, July 30, 2007

Wiki's

I have to say that I really enjoyed exploring the world of wiki in terms of library use. I loved the book lovers wiki and also the SJCPL subject wiki. I think that a valuable use of a wiki for our system would be to revamp the community information page, turning it into a wiki. This way we could have clickable information on different subjects, interest areas. Not only could we provide the basic information that people are looking for such as; address, phone number but we could link them to the organizations web page and possibly other members who have web pages with similar interests.
The book lovers wiki would be good for the adult src activity I think that it would provide participants with motivation to finish or even start the program, to have an online book club, opinions from other reading the same book, suggestions of books to read. It would explore another avenue.

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com