Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Web 2.0 awards

This was a very cool excercise, I didn't know that there was such a thing as web 2.0 awards. What a great way to showcase new exciting sites and give them the recommendation that they deserve!
I explored; Zoho, Judy's book, upcoming@yahoo, cocktail builder, pandora, picnik, zillow,reddit and spring widgets. I did go a little browser crazy and search quite a few different sites. I enjoyed the writing program on Zoho alot and I was able to take my word processing document and upload it to Blogger. I didn't really care for Judy's book it didn't give much insider information, the only thing that came up was direct tv. Upcoming was a good resource although a lot to look over if you do a general area search for upcoming events. Cocktail builder was interesting. Pandora I would love to try at home and I think I would use it. Picnik is good for people like me who are not well versed in photoshop and who would like to learn a simplified version (although I still had to read the how to section a couple of times). Zillow was a neat web site but if you have remodeled your house it will not show on the comparison. Reddit I enjoyed because it had content from real people and what they are reading. Spring Widgets had some cool applications but seemed limited. I didn't try to create my own that would have been very adventurous.
I will continue to check the web 2.0 awards web site in the future b/c it is such a cool concept!

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com